Archive this series
It is easy to let things slide & have an easier life, BUT it can be costly later on
In this weeks' episode I explain the importance of addressing issues and having those difficult conversations when they occur rather than letting it go and trying to deal with it later on. In the last few months I have been advising a few employers who for one reason or another have reached the end of the line with an employee because of a culmination of small issues. However, because these small conduct issues have not been addressed when they arose it is almost impossible to rely on them later.
In this episode I will cover:
- The importance of dealing with conduct issues as they arise, regardless of how uncomfortable or time consuming it may be;
- Why it is difficult to rely on historic conduct issues to dismiss an employee;
- The importance of setting out your rules and requirements of employees in a Handbook or set of rules;
- Why it is important for employees to have been told the rules and requirements you have of them;
- How to implement new rules and standards of conduct for existing staff;
- Why it is important to tailor your documents, contracts and handbook to your business.
- Review your Handbook and/or rules to ensure they cover the points that are important to your business;
- Make sure staff are aware of the Handbook and/or rules and seek evidence to confirm this;
- Consider an annual requirement for all staff to confirm they are aware of the rules and procedures;
- Deal with minor issues of misconduct when they arise and make a note of your conversation on the employee's personnel file;
- Seek advice and assistance if you are unsure of what to do with a disciplinary or dismissal issue;
- I can help with all of the points above so why not give me a call and let an expert take care of it for you 023 8098 2006 or 01983 897003.
Useful Links & Case References
Episodes 34 - 39 - Unfair Dismissal Focus
77 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 20 mins duration .