Archive this series
Kinga loves sharks, so she went to Isla Mujeres, where whale sharks gather periodically in an afuera. She sailed the rough seas to the afuera, where she encountered one of the greatest scenes of her life. She could see the whale sharks’ dorsal fins, the manta rays swimming with them, and so she jumped into the water with her GoPro. The manta rays spun around her; the whale sharks swam around; she felt as though she was swimming in shark soup. Just then, the GoPro died, and Kinga had to be innovative on fixing her problem in order to document the experience. Between her GoPro, her phone, and her own two eyes, Kinga had to find a way to keep her memory for the rest of her life. What she discovered, though, was how to be properly present in her moment as it happened, leading to her best-ever travel experience - all while she was swimming in shark soup.
Links and References
- Come visit our Patreon page.
- Check out our website at: Travel Stories Podcast Online
- Email Hayden (he’ll answer everything) at: email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- All musical composition and arrangement for story scores by Cody Crabb, who can be found at his website: CodyCrabb.com
- All show notes and writing for episodes by Nicole Mello, who can be found at her website: Works By N.L. Mello
- You can buy Venus on paperback or Kindle on Amazon.
- Visit Kinga’s page on The Travel Channel - take a walk on The Wild Side.
- Become a Shark Ally with Kinga.
75 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 31 mins duration .