Manage episode 201823798 series 1518173
The gang talks about nostalgia and the power of reinventing the past and using it in the marketing of today. It’s everywhere at the moment and, interestingly, it seems to work particularly well with Millennials. Why is nostalgia so powerful? And how do we harness it, even if we’re not a 50 or 100-year-old brand?On My Desk
- Bullet point.
Links you might need
- Here’s the TAB ad Nic mentioned
- This is the Coca Cola ad Sarah felt nostalgic about
- And here’s one of the PG Tips chimps ads James mentioned
- Here’s an article on nostalgia in marketing
- Nostalgia is particularly effective for talking to Millennials.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.