Manage episode 273422153 series 2503879
Massive amounts of people were furloughed during the pandemic, stuck with nothing to do but worry about the future, and no clue as to how they might get back to the career they had….
When COVID hit and Robin was furloughed, she sat wondering if she’d have a job left when the dust settled. She spent her time job searching, only to find “more of the same,” or roles she worried she didn’t qualify for. Robin was skeptical on whether a career coach was what she needed-- she didn’t believe she needed clarity, and she wasn’t even sure what that meant.
On this episode of The Bridge to Fulfillment, Blake and Robin discuss the self-defeating beliefs that keep us motionless when we’re at a low point, gaining the clarity needed to find the way back to our purpose, and how the lessons we learn are passed down through generations after us. Tune in to be inspired by Robin’s journey from an emotional black hole to her dream job.
- Why we allow our search for career fulfillment to be guided by a lot of external factors, rather than our own value, and how to break free from that habit
- How Robin found the courage to begin investing in herself, and the impact the decision has made on her life
- What happens when you learn to recognize and own your special skill sets, and the difference you’ll see in your career path
- And much more!
“To get help doesn’t make you weak, it does not make you an outcast, it doesn’t make you wrong. It makes you a person that believes so much in yourself that you get to a point where you know, ‘I can’t do this alone.’ And so, you then say, ‘I’ve got to get some help,’ and you feel okay, inside your whole soul, enough to ask for it or go after it.”
How to get involved
- To schedule a 15 minute discovery call to see if or how Blake can help you: www.connectionsilluminated.com
- To get access to free resources, updates & future events, join Blake’s newsletter at www.bridge2fulfillment.com
You are capable of far more than you can imagine. Life doesn’t have to be an either/or. You can have it all and do it without taking a leap or risking what you’ve worked so hard to build!
Liked this episode, be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts and leave a review. We love to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!