Manage episode 279033303 series 1543260
Today, we’re excited to present the 60th episode of our Wedding Industry Insider podcast! For this episode, Eddie had the privilege of sitting down with expert wedding planner Morgan Childs. A highly-regarded industry speaker and educator, she also runs two successful businesses in her home state of Hawaii.
Morgan is the Partner and Creative Director of Moana Belle Events, a wedding planning and event design firm. She is also the founder of Modern Elopement, which specializes in elopements and small weddings.
While she’s produced designs for large weddings, celebrity affairs, and corporate events, her recent attention has been on intimate weddings and elopements. Recognizing an industry shift toward small weddings, Morgan is leading the way in creating exceptional alternative wedding options.
Here are some of the important points that Morgan discusses:
- How she listened to and answered the market demand for small weddings
- Why she believes that small weddings are more than a trend—even beyond COVID-19
- The potential in the wedding industry for scalable options, productized services, and new business growth—outside the one-size-fits-all wedding model
- Why it’s important to listen not only to the couples who are hiring you but also to the ones who aren’t—and why you should identify the opportunities being missed in the latter
- Why her small wedding package uses a 5-step process to determine select ceremony and dinner options—rather than being fully customizable
- How small wedding services can provide year-round and diversified income streams
- Her #1 overall piece of advice for wedding professionals
To hear Morgan’s interview, you can press the play button above. And be sure to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes.
We want to say a special thank you to Morgan for sharing these insights with our Timeline Genius community.
Please take this information, act on it, and carry on the journey toward fulfilling your dreams!
The post WII 060: Morgan Childs Encourages Wedding Planners to Seize the Opportunity in Small Weddings appeared first on Timeline Genius Blog.