Manage episode 285622801 series 2792665
Today’s guest is Dr. Linda Hofler, a Clinical Assistant Professor at East Carolina University College of Nursing, and an experienced senior clinical leader and healthcare executive, hailing from Greenville, North Carolina. She is an accomplished healthcare professional with 40 years of clinical experience and more than three decades of healthcare leadership experience. Tuning in, you will hear all about her journey from a farm in Wisconsin to bedside nursing, to nurse management, and now, to education. Dr. Hofler emphasizes the value of hard work and finding your own path, the importance of embracing curiosity and being open to learning, and how anyone can step up their game in an emergency or crisis situation. She also talks about the power of jumping into the unknown and being willing to take risks. Dr. Holfer reminds us to never forgot our humanity and always practice kindness, respect, and compassion. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why Dr. Hofler believes that kindness is a superpower.
- Learn a bit about Dr. Hofler’s background and how she found her way into nursing.
- Find out more about her role at East Carolina University College of Nursing.
- Hear her experience of healthcare being reinvented in front of her eyes during COVID-19.
- Dr. Hofler shares her hopes for the future of healthcare, particularly in nursing.
- What she likes most about her academic role; a new perspective on how to influence people to go into healthcare.
- Dr. Hofler emphasizes the need to focus on the people without the distraction of technology.
- The role that virtual learning has played in educating young leaders during the pandemic.
- What it means to be a Magnet hospital and why it’s important for an organization to obtain.
- Retaining nurses during a national shortage and the increased appreciation for nurses during the pandemic.
- How Dr. Hofler got to where she is today by being willing to volunteer for uncomfortable roles.
- Dr. Hofler talks about mindfulness and the importance of having a healthy routine.
- What she would do to improve healthcare in America: stop investing in sick-care.
- Dr. Hofler’s final words of advice: stay strong, don’t let distractions get you down.
- Key takeaways from the episode.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
East Carolina University College of Nursing
East Carolina University
American College of Healthcare Executives
American Organization for Nursing Leadership