Manage episode 295138092 series 2878765
Download the EY 2021 Work Reimagined Employee Survey PDF here: https://www.ey.com/en_au/workforce/has-technology-bridged-the-physical-divide
Matt Lovegrove leads EY’s Asia-Pacific “Work, Reimagined” project team – undertaking research and interpreting how clients need to rethink, repurpose and reshape work in a ‘coexisting with COVID’ world. Our conversation refers to:
- How has COVID-19 has accelerated changes to the workplace?
- How can businesses become more flexible to thrive in an uncertain landscape?
- How can they balance employee expectations with business priorities?
- How has the role and priorities of HR changed?
- What are lessons learnt since the impact of COVID?
- Hybrid working, what do the polls say? 81% 'stay hybrid', maybe stay 'hybrid 18%'
- How do feelings about hybrid work vary from country to country?
- What are the challenges to implement a hybrid workplace?
- Is the working week spanning over longer hours?
- What HR technology facilitates hybrid working?
- Has culture changed for the better?
No Change 21%
- How do you maintain company culture when everyone is dispersed?
- How can leaders balance employee expectations with business priorities?
- How many people have itchy feet, will staff turnover become high?
- How can you prevent high staff turnover?
- How can businesses become more agile to thrive in an uncertain landscape?
-How has the role and priorities of Human Resources changed?
ABOUT MATT LOVEGROVE
Matt Lovegrove is an experienced, senior business executive with over 25 years experience within the ICT and Professional Services sectors across Australia, Europe and Asia.
Matt and his team enable business success through engaged people – including talent acquisition, development and deployment, talent retention and HR performance improvement.
Matt is an EY Partner, an Associate Member of CPA, has a Bachelor of Economics and is a former Chair of APMP in Australia New Zealand.OVID-19 is the most disruptive event in the last decade.
Businesses have to be prepared for challenges ahead. Now is the time to reimagine the workplace of the future, taking on board the lessons learnt over the last 12 months.
ABOUT HOST, NINA SUNDAY CSP
A Certified Virtual Presenter, Nina Sunday presents in-person in Australia and virtually internationally on transforming team culture and psychological safety. She's author of ‘Workplace Wisdom for 9 to thrive; proven tactics and hacks to get ahead in today’s workplace’, a selection of the C-Suite Book Club.
With a Bachelor of Arts and Diploma in Education and qualified in film and television from the Australian Film, TV and Radio School, Nina worked as a Production Manager in television, before founding a training organisation leading a team of Facilitators Australia-wide. Nina is a past chapter president of Professional Speakers Australia, a CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) and CVP (Certified Virtual Presenter).
Nina frequents the speaking stage, in-person in Australia/New Zealand and internationally from a professional studio, and is open to gigs. For speaking info visit https://ninasunday.com or for training info go to https://www.brainpowertraining.com.au/training-topics/ or follow Nina Sunday on LinkedIn
The Manage Self, Lead Others podcast is mainly for experienced and aspiring managers to explore ways to elevate and transform team culture. Each week, Nina Sunday speaks with key experts from Australia and across the globe who share their insights in self-leadership and leading others. Fiercely Australian. Fiercely global.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices