Manage episode 298193548 series 1319466
We started out this episode talking about the folks who are still unvaccinated for COVID-19, but quickly turned to the way the NFL switched from carrot to stick in response to the delta variant. That’s just one of a few big stories we have to talk about on this oddly sports-centric show. We’ll also talk about why HIPAA doesn’t mean what many people think it means, and play another round of Half Full/Half Empty.
Here’s everything we talked about today:
- “St. Louis, St. Louis County To Renew Mask Mandates On Monday” from St. Louis Public Radio
- “Rick Dennison out as Minnesota Vikings assistant after refusing COVID-19 vaccine, sources say” from ESPN
- “NFL to enforce forfeits in event of COVID-19 cancellation” from Sports Illustrated
- “Some Nice Pictures of Naomi Osaka at the Cursed Olympics Which Do Not Deserve Her” from Jezebel, plus Osaka’s tweet about the event.
- Our Half Full/Half Empty topics: Teenagers flooding the job market (plus Kimberly’s story about lifeguards), the EU carbon tariff, Dollar General health care, and the Cleveland Guardians
Our show needs your voice! Tell us what you think of the show or ask a question for our hosts to answer! Send a voice memo or give us a call at 508-82-SMART (508-827-6278).