Manage episode 298328845 series 57115
Today it’s great to chat with Daniel Goleman on the podcast. Daniel is an internationally known psychologist who lectures frequently to professional groups, business audiences, and college campuses. As a science journalist, Goleman reported on the brain behavioral sciences for the New York Times for many years. His 1995 book Emotional Intelligence was on the New York Times bestseller list for a year and a half with more than five million copies in print worldwide in 40 languages and has been a bestseller in many countries. Apart from his books on emotional intelligence, Goleman has written books on topics including self-deception, creativity, transparency, meditation, social-emotional learning, ecoliteracy, and the ecological crisis.
· Daniel’s current research
· Does IQ outweigh emotional intelligence?
· Competency modeling for emotional intelligence
· Correlation between general intelligence and social-emotional intelligence
· Cognitive control and social-emotional learning
· Daniel’s interest in meditation
· Are certain personalities more attracted to mindfulness?
· How mindfulness training can affect neuroplasticity and creativity
· The Tibetan model of mindfulness
· Meditation apps and their effectivity
· Is there a link between meditation and emotional intelligence?
· The future of mindfulness training methods
· First Person Plural Podcast: EI & Beyond
· Radical transparency during the ecological crisis
· Daniel’s definition of intelligence
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-psychology-podcast/support