Manage episode 327422770 series 3303237
If you’re a regular listener of the podcast, you’ll be aware of Switzerland’s fantastic public transport network as there have been numerous episodes about the benefits of travelling around Switzerland by train.
But there is an alternative way to travel. Renting a car and doing a road trip!
So if driving is your preferred mode of transport but you’re struggling to come up with the perfect itinerary, I’ve got the solution for you.
In today’s episode I’m welcoming back Livio Goetz, Director of Switzerland Tourism Australia and New Zealand, to chat to him about the Grand Tour of Switzerland.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is the Grand Tour of Switzerland?
- How long should visitors allow to drive the entire Grand Tour route?
- The highlights of the Grand Tour
- Why visitors should consider a driving vacation and do their own Grand Tour
- Where to find information about the different legs and the driving distances
- Navigating around the Grand Tour of Switzerland
- Scenic photo spots along the route
- Is the Grand Tour suitable for all vehicle types?
- Tips for driving over mountain passes
- Swiss road rules
For more information about the places mentioned in this episode, as well as the full Show Notes, visit https://holidaystoswitzerland.com/episode45/.
>> Visit our shop for helpful Switzerland travel guides and resources.
Connect with us:
This podcast is sponsored by Switzerland Tourism. #ineedswitzerland