From Burnout to Living Life to the Full - Companion Animal Veterinarian - Dr Jade Hackney - pt 2 - ep108
Manage episode 347697083 series 2826764
This is the second in the multi part series where Companion Animal Veterinarian Dr Jade Hackney shares her path to living life to the full as a healthy and loving, long-term life partner and fully engaged veterinarian.
Dr Jade talks about:
- the moment she and her life partner realised they no longer wanted to work fulltime in jobs they didn't enjoy to pay someone else's mortgage;
- their journey to owning their own home in their 30s - mortgage-free;
- what 'living life to the full' means to Jade;
- living the dream with 'pinch yourself moments' each day;
- the freedom available to you when you start something with a Beginner's Mind and how knowing how something should be done can be an impediment;
- living the WWOOF lifestyle for a while;
- how vet clinics can employ part timers and be better off for it;
- how it's easier to blame others, but that's not what being emotionally intelligent is;
- how it's important - critical! - to focus only on what you can control - your own thoughts and feelings - and not worry about what you can't - other people's thoughts or feelings.
Listen to the first part of the conversation - episode 107.
If you're a vet or vet nurse considering your next vet job (locum or permanent) in New Zealand the team at VetStaff is here to help.
Follow Julie's behind the scenes - social media posts
Most days Julie South shares a behind the scenes post via Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin about "life". She shares different events and musings which make her smile on the inside. You're invited to follow and comment.
On Linkedin most days Julie South shares leadership / team development type posts. You're invited to connect with her and/or follow.
Please give Paws Claws Wet Noses a 5-star review ;-)
If you enjoyed this podcast, please hit that follow button (it’s free) and give it a 5-star review wherever you’re listening to it right now. Why? Because it makes a huge difference to helping the search algorithms serve it up for others to listen to. Thanks heaps!
How to get more bang for your recruitment advertising buck
This is what VetStaff is really good at so if you'd like to stretch your recruitment dollar, please get in touch with Julie because this is something VetStaff can help you with.
Unconscious Cognitive Bias Interview Training
If you’d like to ensure you make better and wise hiring decisi...