Manage episode 176719347 series 61912
The long grind of the 82-game season is finally over, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs are finally here. We'll get into the Wild vs. Blues match-up in the next couple of days, but first we wanted to put a wrap on the regular season. Joe and Barry sat down with Tony to recap the season, revisit our Opening Night Predictions, and chat about who the Minnesota Wild's MVP was.
- The Wild earning a franchise-best 106 points. Does that mean anything to us?
- Jason Zucker's return, Carly Aplin dominating Twitter
- Jared Spurgeon's injury
- Mikko Koivu, Devan Dubnyk, and Mikael Granlund getting rest
- Charlie Coyle's streaky af season
- Eric Staal exceeding everyone's wildest expectations
- Looking back at how crazy we thought the idea of a Granlund breakout year was
- Devan Dubnyk squandering his Vezina lead
- Checking in on the blue line's development
- What stopped Jason Zucker and Nino Niederreiter from getting into the Wild MVP conversation
- Why Mikko Koivu deserves some love
- The Wild's sudden spike in possession numbers
- Granlund vs. Staal- the MVP debate to end aall MVP debates
- Our favorite moments from the year
- Final thoughts for the regular season
And much, much more!
Thanks for sticking with us throughout the regular season! If you're looking for a good way to support the show, start by subscribing to us on your favorite podcast app. Also consider taking time to rate and review our podcast on iTunes. It takes just a few minutes, but helps people find the show, so we grow. How great is that?!
Any sharing of the podcast- whether in-person or on social media- is helpful, too! Let people know who your favorite Wild podcast is!
We'll be back later this week to preview the Wild vs. Blues match-up in Round 1. Until then, Go Wild!
158 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 73 mins duration .