Manage episode 230804359 series 1209446
Recorded on April 3, 2019
Book Talk begins at 36.40
We are giving away a copy of the Frost Heaves Cowl by Bronwyn the Brave. Comment on the thread to be entered to win. The contest will end on April 20. Bronwyn has also set up a coupon code for $2 off the Frost Heaves pattern: THELONGWINTER, and says “It’s a nod to the Laura Ingalls Wilder book, not to mention this crazy winter we’ve had.”
Tracie has finished
1. a few Knitted Knockers in Cascade Pima Cotton, CoBaSi and Fibra Natura Radiant Cotton
Barb has finished
2. Sally Stripe Scarf by Tara Miller using Cloudborn Sprightly in the Black, Orange and Yellow color ways.
3. Vanilla socks using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in Grunge
Tracie continues to work on:
3. Fiddly Bits #7 by Jane Pihota in sport weight yarns
Barb is continuing to work on
3. Christmas Vanilla Socks, using The Yarn Jar Shop sock yarn in The Grinch colorway
4. Gnome de Plume MKAL by Sarah Schira using scrap yarn
5. Knitted Knockers, using Cloudborn Fibers Pima Cotton DK
6. Her 8th Stashbusting Helix hat in DK yarn scraps
She has cast on:
1. April's socks for The Fifth Annual Desert Vista Dyeworks Monthly Sock Club, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Tea for Two colorway
Tracie has finished:
1. The View from Penthouse B by Elinor Lipman
2. Winterkill (Joe Pickett, #3) by C.J. Box
Barb has finished
1. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides - she thought it was pretty good until the completely improbable ending.
2. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou - Barb HIGHLY recommends this book!
3. The River by Peter Heller - Barb recommends this good book.
4. The Blissfully Dead (Detective Patrick Lennon #2) by Mark Edwards and Louise Voss - a good quick read.
Tracie is currently reading:
1. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg
2. Holding by Graham Norton
Barb is currently reading:
1. Tear Me Apart by J.T. Ellison
2. Beshert by Erin Gordon
Tracie discussed the effects of plastic trash on the environment and recycling. 2 websites she found interesting are:
163 episodes available. A new episode about every 16 days averaging 71 mins duration .