Manage episode 307874846 series 2797941
For the final episode of Season 2 of the Pitchin’ and Sippin’ Podcast, Lexie speaks with Hillary Cohen and Sam Luu, Co-Founders and Co-Presidents of Every Day Action. Every Day Action is a non profit that reallocates food waste from catering on film sets to those in need in Los Angeles.
When they are not busy bridging the gap between the upper-middle class and millions of Americans in need, they work in the entertainment industry. That is the origin of their friendship and creation of Every Day Action last year during the pandemic. Hillary works on NCIS: LA where she is currently an Associate Producer. Sam’s career has spanned working on shows such as shows such as House M.D. and Scandal, but it wasn’t until she joined NCIS: LA as an Assistant Director that she met Hillary.
From press, to impact, and beyond, in today’s episode we learn all about their journey into the limelight, landing The Kelly Clarkson Show, and what the limelight has then done in terms of the potential impact they have been able to make with Every Day Action.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How Every Day Action was inspired and how Co-Founders Hillary and Sam got started
- The impact of social media on growing their non-profit
- How PR wins fueled the impact potential of Every Day Action
- How Sam and Hillary became friends and some of their favorite stories behind the scenes of Every Day Action
- Learn how Sam and Hillary ended up on The Kelly Clarkson Show and what the process was like
- How Sam & Hillary handle the limelight (tips for introverts)
- What 2022 will bring for Every Day Action, and how listeners can give back and get involved
- And so much more!
Every Day Action on Kelly Clarkson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocP0bijtOfQ
Sign up for THEPRBAR Weekly Round up for extra insider tips & tricks: https://theprbarinc.com/newsworthy/
Snag Lexie's free Pitch it, Pitch it Good! Checklist at theprbarinc.com/pitchitgood
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.