Manage episode 328238646 series 2797941
Danielle Letayf is the CEO & Founder of Badassery, a marketplace for event organizers to book their perfect speaker in minutes. On a mission to amplify as many voices as possible, while connecting them to each other along the way, Danielle was voted one of 50 game-changing women at the MAKERS Conference. Prior to founding Badassary, she ran the global community at Shine and was on the founding team as Head of Programs and Community for BUILT BY GIRLS.
In today’s episode, we dive into the world of speaking. Specifically, how to go about starting a speaking career - whether it be just as a side hustle or as part of a plan to build and establish thought leadership - what assets to have in order, how to think about setting speaker fees, the importance of developing unique speaker topics, and much more.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Learn about Danielle’s company Badassary and how and why she founded her business
- Learn Danielle’s tips for starting a speaking career
- Hear the process that Badassary uses to curate their speakers
- How to go about selecting speaker topics
- Learn what assets to have in order in order to become a speaker
- Learn how to set speaker fees - and when to raise them
- Learn who to pitch at a company if you want to be a speaker
- What types of companies are hiring paid speakers at the moment
- Danielle’s predictions on how the speaker industry will continue to shape out in 2022
- And much more!
Social Media Links:
Personal IG: https://www.instagram.com/dannyfannybobanny/?hl=en
Badassary IG: https://www.instagram.com/badassery_hq/?hl=en
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.