2X eCommerce Podcast - Expert Advice, Interviews, and Training to Grow and Scale Online Retail Businesses
SE3 EP09: How a Traditional Retail Furniture Brand, SCANDIS, got OmniChannel Commerce Right
Manage episode 191583180 series 134589
SCANDIS is the eCommerce division of Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture. The first Scandinavian Designs store opened its doors in San Rafael, California in 1963 to cater to the contemporary home furnishing needs brought on by the huge wave of mid-century modern homes emerging in neighbourhoods throughout the west coast. In keeping with this architectural design movement, stores soon opened across northern and southern California, and later in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota and Illinois.
They made their foray into ecommerce for the very first time earlier in the year, in February and have not looked back since.
I interviewed their web marketing manager - Julio Giannotti and he shared a tonne of insights with me; here's a summary:
- why and how they got started with Shopify Plus,
- their lean ecommerce team,
- challenges scaling their operations,
- the SEO marketing and paid acquisition strategy,
- automation of with Shopify Plus' Launchpad and Flow apps
- how they cleverly use their sales reps as affiliates**
- how physical retail and ecommerce build synergies to driving, even more, sales for their business,
- how they almost doubled sales across retail branches when they launched their ecommerce site
- his killer Shopify app recommendations
It's a value-packed episode.
This episode is brought to you by
Klaviyo is a game-changing email automation tool specifically built for scaling eCommerce businesses. I am not just saying it…I use Klaviyo in my ecommerce store as well in a number of stores I advise for. With Klaviyo, in just a few clicks you are able to activate pre-built email automation flows such as cart abandonment, up-sells and win-backs. Klaviyo also seamlessly integrates with Facebook Audiences. If you’re an eCommerce manager, I cannot recommend Klaviyo enough. Give Klaviyo a try today on www.klaviyo.com.
If you want a short and snappy domain name for your retail brand or your online store, you can now get a .STORE domain name for just £4.99 or about $6.99 using the coupon code 2XSTORE at www.get.store.
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 34 mins duration .