Manage episode 205861204 series 2161200
Welcome to the first chapter of 3 Books recorded live in an open bookstore!
Book City is in the heart of Toronto's beautiful Bloor West Village neighborhood and that's where I settled into the children's section to talk blame, beauty, and growth with my favorite bookseller in the world -- the one and only Sarah Ramsey.
I love Sarah because she takes the art of bookselling seriously and seemingly reads people’s minds to find the exact book they need to help them grow. As we always say: Humans are the best algorithm.
Listen in to hear us touch on themes of beauty, loss, and honoring ones we love...
What you'll learn:
- What makes a great bookseller?
- Who owns grief after loss?
- How do you honor a life through storytelling?
- What Judy Blume book is the first to appear on 3 Books?
- What is one of the funniest stories I’ve ever heard involving marital guilt, shame, and Kindles?
- Why are humans the best algorithms?
- How can books transcend generations?
- What memoir helped invent the category -- and have we "over-memoired" ourselves?
- Why can you judge a book by its cover?
Leave us a voicemail! Your message may be included in a future episode: 1-833-READ-A-LOT
You can find show notes and more information by clicking here: https://www.3books.co/chapters/4
Sign up to receive podcast updates here: https://www.3books.co/email-list/
39 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 83 mins duration .