Manage episode 228767427 series 2359596
Tommy Hodul is a soccer writer, podcast host, press officer, fan, and all around great guy. He is also extremely passionate about growing soccer in his community – the City of Oakland. And that is why he a key member of Oakland Roots. The Oakland Roots website provides this explanation of who they are and what they’re about: It starts with…
Oakland first, always. More than just a club, more than just a game. Oakland Roots Sports Club seeks to harness the magic of Oakland and the beautiful game of soccer as a force for social good. Whether on the pitch, in the stands or within the community, Oakland Roots will represent our one-of-a-kind city with passion, pride and commitment to all things Oakland. Player by player. Supporter by supporter. Resident by resident. One day at a time. One game at a time. This is about Oakland first, always.
Oakland Roots (@oaklandrootssc) February 19, 2019
That gives me chills. That’s what soccer should be about. It should be about your community. It should be about representing who you are and what you stand for. Soccer should have deep roots. Pun intended. This conversation with Tommy explores a bunch of topics, but specifically his thoughts and feelings about American soccer and the City of Oakland. Connect with Tommy on Twitter. You can also follow Oakland Roots.
Visit Bounce Athletics online to search products and take advantage of the discount they are offering 3four3 listeners and members. When you’re ready – email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the order process and mention 3four3 to get 10% off your first order.
Other relevant episodes and resources:
- Here s What Happens When You Build Your Own Club and Disrupt Your Local Soccer Market
- How The Co-Founder Of Foursquare Plans To Help The United States Win A World Cup
- Hear Robert Palmer Talk About His Fight to Unleash Soccer in Communities All Across America
- Hailai Arghandiwal Discusses Life as a Dual National and Says, Dreams Only Matter if They re Rooted in Something Real.
- Eric Bucchere Opens up About Life as a USL Coach and Helping Unknown Players Turn Pro.
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program. Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.
The post Episode 158: Who Else Wants to Build a Soccer Club That Represents Their Community? appeared first on 3four3.
177 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 26 mins duration .