Manage episode 229594460 series 2359596
It’s difficult to wrap your head around how much Dr. Joe Machnik has done over the course of his career. He is an iconic American soccer figure with experience as a player, coach, referee, and broadcaster.
So it’s only fitting that this conversation with Dr. Joe touches on so many topics.
He shares stories about the state of soccer in the late ’50s and early ’60s. He shares stories of the ethnic leagues and the subculture of American soccer the players and fans were part of.
He is known by many as a special commentator and rules expert during Fox broadcasts. But that expertise has been forged over the course of decades. During that time, he has made a positive impact at virtually every level of the sport here in America – from youth soccer camps to the World Cup.
Visit Bounce Athletics online to search products and take advantage of the discount they are offering 3four3 listeners and members. When you’re ready – email email@example.com to start the order process and mention 3four3 to get 10% off your first order.
Other relevant episodes and resources:
- Inside the U.S. Soccer Boardroom with John Motta
- Rocco Commisso Is Fighting to Unleash American Soccer and He Has Absolutely No Reason to Back Down
- Erik Stover Talks About Signing Thierry Henry, Working with Rocco and New York Cosmos, and American Soccer Airballing in Player Development
Never miss new episodes:
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on iTunes
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Stitcher
- Subscribe to 3four3 FM on Spotify
Coaching Education Program
This is brought to you by the 3four3 coaching education program.
Learn more and join over 400 coaches using our proven possession-based methodology.
The post Episode 161: These Stories about American Soccer’s History from Dr. Joe Machnik Will Blow You Away appeared first on 3four3.
176 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 25 mins duration .