Tweaked back: Are you injured or just sore…and how do you get back on track?” w/William Richards of Fitness4backpain.com
Manage episode 246125444 series 1742937
How many times have you felt twinge in your back while lifting – or even doing something that’s not strenuous at all – and thought, “What the hell did I just do to myself?” Since chronic back pain costs the American economy over $100 million a year, we wanted to look at the practical question of how to keep moving and avoid long-term pain.
William Richards, of Fitness4backpain.com, joined us to walk us through the process he uses with his clients. William is a trainer who works with people who have finished physical therapy, but want to start – or get back to – fitness activities to promote better back health. His approach is highly practical (and should not be considered medical advice).
Here are some of our thoughts:
- Should you lay in bed, do nothing, and hope to recover?
- What are some clues that you could be dealing with a bigger injury?
- What’s the first activity you should try to get back to?
- Does an ugly MRI mean you’re destined to be in pain?
- How much does fear impact recovery?
- Is it specific interventions or a general wellness approach most likely to get you back on your feet quickly…and help you avoid injury in the first place?
Mack Weldon: a premium men’s essentials brand that believes in smart design and premium fabrics. Check the episode for the promo code and get 20% your first order.
Produced by Jim McDonald
Production assistance by Connor O’Neal.
Theme by Aaron Moore.
Branding by Joseph Manzo.