Manage episode 192331491 series 98806
We are celebrating two years of THE MOTHERSHIP, as the 6:05 Superpodcast Second Anniversary Show has landed! The Great Brian Last is joined by popular co-host Jim Cornette for this fun episode, featuring:
– The Superpodcast Roundtable is back with a look at Japan with Dave Meltzer, Kurt Brown & Jeff Bowdren! The story of 1980’s Japanese wrestling is told around the tales of Dave’s trips to Japan with Jeff in 1987 and Kurt in 1990. We hear about Rikidozan, the popularity of All Japan Women, the impact of Akira Maeda, Mrs. Baba’s anger, the night Mitsuharu Misawa beat Jumbo Tsuruta, the introduction of true Lucha Libre to Japan, Bruiser Brody, how the junior heavyweights changed wrestling & more! This is one of the most informative and fun segments in show history!
– In The News with Jim Cornette returns this week with a look at classic wrestling newspaper stories about bears, riots, Eddie Graham & more!
– TGBL’s Dad makes an appearance to discuss why he’s not a wrestling fan.
– Plus, The Top Ten, Brother Midnight, Dr. X, Slaughtering A Sacred Cow discussion, Hot Dog, The Handsome Boogie Man, The Magnificent One, Jim reads angry letters & more!
THE ONLY PODCAST THAT MATTERS!
- Top Ten (0:22:57)
- In The News with Jim Cornette (1:36:10)
- TGBL’s Dad (1:57:42)
- Superpodcast Roundtable on Japan with Dave Meltzer, Kurt Brown & Jeff Bowdren (2:12:37)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod, as well as Brian at @GreatBrianLast.
Make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page.
Official Superpodcast merchandise is now available.
To make ongoing monthly donations to the Superpodcast, you can go to our Patreon page.
You can also make PayPal donations to Brian.
Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.
The official show wiki, a constant work in progress, is available at 6:05 Superpodcast Wiki.
The 6:05 Superpodcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network
125 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 236 mins duration .