Manage episode 201955112 series 98806
THE MOTHERSHIP is here! It’s time for another packed episode of the only wrestling podcast that matters, the 6:05 Superpodcast! The Great Brian Last is joined by popular co-host Scott Cornish for this week’s festivities, featuring:
– The legendary Don Leo Jonathan joins the show to look back at his historic career. Don Leo talks about his father, Brother Jonathan, and his memories of watching him wrestle as far back as the mid 1930’s. Don Leo also shares his memories and thoughts about Jess McMahon, Rikidozan, Eddie Quinn, Giant Baba, Antonino Rocca, Killer Kowalski and more! This is a rare chance to hear from someone who was a main eventer everywhere during wrestling’s golden age!
– Dr. D David Schultz returns to the show this week for part two of our discussion about his life and career, as well as his new book Don’t Call Me Fake! In this installment, David talks about running into one of the Nasty Boys, Verne Gagne, Dennis Condrey, Phil Hickerson, and more! The Doctor also talks about his experiences in Poland, and why some people just seem to mess with the wrong guy!
– Scott Teal joins the show again for his annual visit to discuss Crowbar Press! Scott looks back at the many fine books he published in 2017 and gives us a sneak peak of what’s on the agenda for 2018!
– Jeff Walton is back this week, to discuss his experience in 1983 when he took over Vince McMahon’s programs & magazines. This conversation gives some insight into exactly what Vince was planning as his national expansion kicked off!
THE ONLY PODCAST THAT MATTERS!
Book Of The Week:
Drawing Heat by Jim Freedman
Support Jerry Grey’s cancer battle by making a donation to https://www.gofundme.com/527hg2g!
- Jeff Walton (0:28:40)
- Scott Teal (1:01:11)
- Dr. D David Schultz (1:47:48)
- Don Leo Jonathan (2:28:16)
Follow the show on Twitter at @605pod, as well as Brian at @GreatBrianLast.
Make sure to like the official Superpodcast Facebook page.
Official Superpodcast merchandise is now available.
To make ongoing monthly donations to the Superpodcast, you can go to our Patreon page.
You can also make PayPal donations to Brian.
Subscribe by adding 605feed.com to your preferred podcast app, or our iTunes link.
The official show wiki, a constant work in progress, is available at 6:05 Superpodcast Wiki.
The 6:05 Superpodcast is a production of the Arcadian Vanguard Podcast Network
122 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 226 mins duration .