Manage episode 240872631 series 1708768
This week, Benjamin and Zac talk about positive things coming to HomeKit this year, opportunities for advancements in HomeKit going forward, Zac's review-in-progress of the Peloton bike and treadmill system with Apple Watch, a cool kid's stationary bike with an Apple TV game, creative uses for the Voice Memos app on watchOS 6, the search for the perfect MacBook Pro and iPad Pro charger, Apple's planned and cancelled iPhone "Walkie-Talkie" project, Siri improving at providing simple answers, Apple's formal response to privacy issues with Siri grading, the surprise release of iOS 13.1, and much more.
Stories we discuss in this episode:
- HomeKit Guide
- Using Peloton bikes and treadmills with Apple Watch, Music, and Health
- Fisher-Price Think & Learn Smart Cycle
- RAVPower GAN Charger
- Report: Apple planned ‘walkie-talkie’ feature for offline iPhone messaging, project shelved for now
- Apple testing smarter Siri web answers for Spotlight search queries
- Apple says Siri audio grading program will return later this fall, with privacy-focused policy changes
- Apple publishes FAQ page addressing Siri privacy and common concerns
- Hands-on with iOS 13.1 beta 1 changes and features [Video]
- 9to5Mac Watch Time podcast episode 5: How to train like an IronMan with Apple Watch featuring Ian Blackburn
- Subscribe, Rate, and Review 9to5Mac Happy Hour!
Listen & Subscribe:
Share your thoughts!