Manage episode 304501838 series 2322877
Pamela Slim is an author, community builder, consultant and former corporate director of training and development at Barclays Global Investors. Since 2005, Pam has advised thousands of entrepreneurs as well as companies serving the small business market such as Infusionsoft, Progressive Insurance and Prezi.
In her latest book, The Widest Net, Pam explains how to build strong diverse relationships, identify and connect with new partners, expand markets and find new customers in places you may never have considered. It’s been a long time coming having Pam join the show. Join us as we discuss stress-testing a framework, the always/ never list, books tours – and unintended puns.
- Putting together the Widest Net framework
- Pam’s variation of the customer avatar exercise
- Understanding your ecosystem
- The Accordion principle and setting boundaries
- Beginning a business with a mission statement
- Fostering the right business relationships
- Finding your ‘Peanut Butter and Jelly’ partners
"Running a business is always a team sport."
- ‘Widest Net’ by Pamela Slim
- K’é Main Street Learning Lab
- Episode 103: The Unmistakable Srinivas Rao
- Episode 388: Mike Michalowicz talks about Getting Different
- You Need A Budget
- ‘Quiet’ by Susan Cain
Want to discover some of the books mentioned on the podcast? Check out Scribd, my reading app of choice.
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. Also don't forget to check out all of our podcast sponsors found on our podcast sponsors page.
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using.