Manage episode 215524362 series 1767659
To conclude the first season of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast, co-host Evan Sparks tells the story of nine young bankers who changed America. In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- How 27-year-old Alexander Hamilton founded the nation’s first commercial bank
- The 32-year-olds who founded America’s first savings banks
- Maggie Walker, the daughter of a freed slave who became the first woman to open a U.S. bank
- The Tennessee community bank technologist who won the race to launch home computer banking
- The junior bank officer who put together what would become the Visa network
- How a young management consultant developed data-driven ways to expand access to credit cards
There are more stories in the episode. The ABA Banking Journal Podcast will return on Sept. 5 for its second season.
114 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 18 mins duration .