Manage episode 221230072 series 1767659
The latest episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast features interviews with the winners of ABA's 2018 Community Commitment Awards. Recorded before a live audience at ABA's Annual Convention in New York, where the awards were presented, each interview explores the winning program or initiative at each bank and provides insights on how they might be implemented or adapted at other banks. These stories present the perfect inspiration as we prepare to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Affordable housing: Lenny McNeill, SVP and national managing director for specialized mortgage sales, U.S. Bank, Los Angeles.
- Community and economic development: Phil Baldwin, CEO, Citizens Bank, Batesville, Ark.
- Economic inclusion: Nancy Stager, chief human resources officer, and Glynn Lloyd, executive director of the Business Equity Initiative, Eastern Bank, Boston.
- Financial education: Chris Gaynor, VP and relationship manager, Bank of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Protecting older Americans: Sherry Schneider, SVP and operational risk director, Old National Bank, Evansville, Ind.
- Volunteerism: Christina Cudney, CRA officer, United Bank, Morgantown, W.Va.
- George Bailey Distinguished Service Award: Marcus Vasquez, VP and fair banking officer, Allegiance Bank, Houston
100 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 19 mins duration .