Manage episode 245959547 series 2445362
The Holy Spirit - We are Family Series Part 3
In this episode we wrap up our 3-part series on the Trinity with the Holy Spirit. We talk about how the Holy Spirit is the love between the Father and the Son and is our Advocate and Comforter. We are invited into a dynamic relationship with the Person of the Holy Spirit, Who desires to empower, strengthen, guide, and comfort us in personal ways. We also chat about the invitation to let go of our misconceptions about who the Holy Spirit is so we can experience who He really is. When we give Him full access, like Mary did, we grow in sensitivity to His movements and can operate in the power of God in new ways.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Toy Story 4
Heather’s one thing - Banana bread recipe
Makes 2 loaves.
1 cup butter softened (250 mL)1 1/2 cups granulated sugar3 cups pureed ripe bananas (about 6)4 eggs, well beaten2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)2 tsp baking soda (10 mL)1 tsp salt (5 mL)1 tsp ground cinnamon (5 mL)1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs and beat until well mixed. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and gradually blend with banana mixture, but do not overmix. Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans or a 10-inch (25 cm) Bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes; test for doneness (toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean) and cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Freezes beautifully.
(adjusted from Best of Bridge)
Check out the Flannery O’Connor mugs from Meaningful Market!Take 15% off your purchase with the discount code - Abide15
- What struck you from the podcast?
- Have you experienced the Holy Spirit in a personal way? How?
- What is your favorite characteristic of the Holy Spirit?
- What are some misperceptions you have had about the Holy Spirit? What is the truth?
- The Holy Spirit is the comforter. Where do you need His comfort now?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: John 14:16-17 What does it speak to you personally?
- How can you grow in sensitivity and openness to the Holy Spirit? Where have you resisted giving him full access?
- What is the Holy Spirit trying to teach you today?
Quote to Ponder - The Spirit comes with the tenderness of a true friend and protector to save, to heal, to teach, to counsel, to strengthen, to console. - St. Cyril of Jerusalem
Scripture for Lectio Divina - John 14:16-17 “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to help you and be with you forever – the Spirit of truth”.