Manage episode 246458465 series 2445362
The Gift of Wonder
In this episode we discuss the importance of having a sense of wonder in our lives. Too often we get so focused on the tasks and pressures of life that we miss the moments that God is revealing His majesty and beauty to us in personal ways. It is these moments that keep our hearts aware of the greater things, that we are made for heaven and that our lives are held in the capable hands of a God who wants to show His great love for us.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Breakfast of champions!
Oatmeal recipe:1/2 cup whole fashioned oats lightly cookedHandful of walnuts1/2 an apple1 teaspoon cinnamon1 tablespoon coconut oil (yay yummy fat!)Splash of 1/2 and 1/2
Eat and then stay full for the next 5 hours or so!!!
Michelle’s one thing - The Given Forum
Heather’s one thing - All of our patrons on Patreon!
- What struck you from the podcast?
- What does the idea of wonder evoke for you?
- What are some things that have always made you stop and wonder?
- How can you change your rhythm to allow God space to speak into your life?
- What is the main thing that causes wonder to get lost in your experience of life?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Psalm 72:18-19. What does it speak to you personally?
- Are you open daily to allowing the Lord to amaze you in big and small ways?
- How do you feel God is calling you to cultivate wonder?
Quote to Ponder - Wonder is the characteristic feature of children. An old man is no longer astonished by anything, no longer enchanted by anything.... The inability to wonder is the sign of a civilization that is dying. - Cardinal Sarah
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Psalm 72:18-19 Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone works wonders. And blessed be His glorious name forever; and may the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen and Amen.