Manage episode 247337330 series 2445362
The Light Shines in the Darkness
In this episode we have a fascinating interview with Fr. Justin Brady, priest and exorcist. We talk about the battle between the light and the dark and how the enemy attempts to keep us far from God. We often forget that God has won the battle and has given us all that we need through the sacrifice of Jesus and the ministry of the Church to overcome darkness in our lives and experience healing and peace.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Peaceful Christmas playlist
Michelle’s one thing - Adorning the Dark by Andrew Peterson
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga) by Andrew Peterson
Fr. Justin’s one thing - Heather Khym
Go on pilgrimage to the Holy Land with Fr. Justin Brady and Christopher West!
Get your Quit Talking to the Dang Snake mug from our Abiding Together Shop!
- What struck you from the podcast?
- Have you ever experienced a time when God defeated the darkness in your life and brought you into light?
- What are some of your favorite spiritual weapons for combating darkness in your life?
- Do you ever ask the saints and angels for help and support in living in the light?
- What is a daily “prayer prescription” you can start to implement in your everyday life?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: John 1:5. What does it speak to you personally?
- The voice of God is very different from the voice of the evil one. What are some of the lies you hear, and what truth is God trying to tell you instead?
- What ways are you giving the devil more power than he has, or underestimating the power God has to heal and to save you?
Quote to Ponder - There is light in this world, a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter. - Saint Mother Teresa
Scripture for Lectio Divina - John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.