Manage episode 248187575 series 2445362
He’s in the Waiting
In this episode, the third part of our Advent series, we interview our friend Beth Davis from Blessed is She. We talk about the theme of having hope in seasons of waiting, trusting God when we can't see what He's up to, and being transformed by the renewal of our minds.
Beth’s one thing - Consecration to Jesus through St. Joseph: An Integrated Look At the Holy Family by Dr. Gregory Bottaro and Jennifer Settle
Sister Miriam’s one thing - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (trailer)
Michelle’s one thing - The Auburn vs. Alabama game. The Simplicity of Christmas
Heather’s one thing - The song Shepherd by Bethel.Our dear friends Mary and Simon Kyne
You can find more information about Beth Davis and Blessed is She at https://blessedisshe.net
Abiding Together will be at Focus SLS2020! Abiding Together Podcast will be recording live on December 31st at 12:30pm
The Abiding Together shop will be closed from Dec 13th-Jan 1.
This episode is sponsored by Pink Salt Riot. Check out their jewelry, print pieces, gifts, and more! Definitely also check out the quarterly subscription box, The Joy Box, which is designed for sharing. Keep an eye out for custom Word of the Year pieces starting Dec 28th. Abiding Together listeners get 10% off the whole shop (including quarterly subscriptions, excluding ) with code: abidewithme
- What struck you from the podcast?
- What was a time when you felt a verse from Scripture was given to you for that particular moment in your life? What was the Scripture?
- How do you stay hopeful in moments of your life when you’ve been waiting for the Savior to arrive?
- What’s one way you can practice reminding yourself who God is - “preach to yourself”?
- Who are the patron saints - the “cloud of witnesses” - you turn to for intercession? Why?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Psalm 27:14. What does it speak to you personally?
- What season do you feel the Lord has you in right now?
- How do you resist the enemy’s suggestions in seasons of waiting that are sometimes very long?
Quote to Ponder - “People are made for happiness. Rightly, then, you thirst for happiness. Christ has the answer to this desire of yours. But he asks you to trust him.” Pope Saint John Paul II
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”