Manage episode 248684239 series 2445362
The Good News
In this episode, the fourth part of our Advent series, we interview our friend Sarah Kaczmarek. Sarah is the Assistant Director of Alpha Catholic USA, as well as the Pastoral Director of Encounter School of Ministry. We chat about the call we have as Catholics to share the Good News of the Gospel and the stumbling blocks we often run into. We also discuss how essential it is to be an authentic witness and how to grow in having the Father's heart for the lost.
Sarah’s one thing - Whole Heart - Hillsong United
Michelle’s one thing - The song Into the Unknown from Frozen 2
Heather’s one thing - The song Noel by Lauren Daigle
Abiding Together will be at Focus SLS2020!
Abiding Together Podcast will be recording live at SLS on December 31st at 12:30pm.
- What struck you from the podcast?
- What are some of the stumbling blocks that you experience in sharing what God has done in your life?
- Are there areas of your life where you’re afraid to share yourself authentically?
- What is one way you can bring good news to the lost?
- Where can you set aside time this week to pray for the grace to love with the Father’s heart?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Isaiah 61:1. What does it speak to you personally?
- We can’t selectively numb the bad without numbing the good. Where are you numbing your life and not living fully awake?
- Where do I need to say “Yes” to the Lord, so he can bring restoration and good news?
Quote to Ponder - “This is our mission: to give pure and fresh air to those immersed in the pollution of our world; to bring to earth that peace which fills us with joy whenever we meet Jesus on the mountain in prayer; to show by our lives, and perhaps even by our words, that God loves everyone and never tires of anyone” Pope Francis
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Isaiah 61:1
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.”