Manage episode 243916458 series 2445362
Eucharist Amazement: May We Never Lose Our Wonder
In this episode we talk about the new pew report that shows only ⅓ of American Catholics believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. We share about how we need to renew Eucharistic amazement in tangible ways and share our own experiences of the power of the Eucharist in our lives.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - The Homesick Candle Heather sent to me for my birthday.
Michelle’s one thing - A new worship playlist called Crossing Over
Heather’s one thing - My teenagers, I love them so much!
Ecclesia De Eucharistia by Pope John Paul II
Link to Lanciano miracle
- What struck you from the podcast?
- If you’ve had a powerful moment with Jesus in the Eucharist, briefly share that with your group.
- How can I/do I enter more fully into the mystery of the Eucharist and liturgy?
- What are some tangible ways you can make the Eucharist the source and summit in your life and the life of your family?
- In what ways have I become “too familiar” with sacred things, sacred spaces, and the Eucharist?
- How can I further prepare my heart to receive Jesus in the Eucharist?
- In what places of your heart do you need God to open your eyes to see who He is?
- What does the “spousal language” we used in the podcast, stir in your heart? Are there any parts that you need to ask Jesus to heal?
Quote to Ponder - “I would like to rekindle this Eucharistic “amazement”- Saint John Paul II
Scripture for Lectio Divina - John 6:35-36 “Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.”