Manage episode 244778007 series 2445362
The Power of Scripture
In this episode we talk about the power of scripture, the Word of God. It is through delving into the Word of God that we encounter the heart of God, we find out who we are, and we proclaim the truth of who He is. We talk about scriptures that have impacted us and new scripture cards you can buy in our new shop.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - All of our listeners in Ireland!
Michelle’s one thing - Morning walks with my husband. Also the book “Live Big, Love Bigger” by Kathryn Whitaker
Heather’s one thing - The song “Heart of God” - by Hillsong Young and Free
Purchase our Abiding Together Scripture Cards
Walking with Purpose Bible Studies
Jeff Cavins Bible Timeline
Andrew Swafford bible study on the book of Romans
- What struck you from the podcast?
- Have you experienced the scriptures speaking to you in a personal way? Share about that.
- The word of God is the sword of the Spirit. How can you use this weapon in your everyday life?
- How can you bring scripture into your everyday life?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture. Isaiah 43:2-4 What does it speak to you personally?
- How do you feel when you hear that the scriptures are a love letter from God to you?
- What is your favorite scripture and why?
Quote to Ponder - In Sacred Scripture, the Church constantly finds her nourishment and her strength, for she welcomes it not as a human word, "but as what it really is, the word of God". "In the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven comes lovingly to meet his children, and talks with them." - Catechism of the Catholic Church #104
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Isaiah 55:11 “so is my word that goes out from my mouth:It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.