Manage episode 245157277 series 2445362
We Are Family: God the Father
With this episode we start a 3-part series on the persons of the Trinity. This week, we talk about God as Father and what it means that he cares for us as a Father. It is through connecting to how the Father sees us that we will discover the truth of who we are, especially in the profound reality that God sees us through the lens of love.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Request for prayers for an upcoming trip to the Philippines where I will be leading a retreat for our sisters there.
Heather’s one thing - My Acoustic Worship Spotify Playlist
- What struck you from the podcast?
- Have you experienced God’s fatherhood in a personal way? Share about that.
- Trust in God the Father often looks like letting go and resting. How can you surrender self-reliance and rest in God in your everyday life?
- What is your favorite attribute of God the Father and why?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Romans 8:14-17. What does it speak to you personally?
- Am I willing to consider that my view of God might not be true? Where can I seek healing in my relationship with the Father?
- What is God trying to say to you as a Father?
Quote to Ponder - We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures, we are the sum of the Father's love for us and our real capacity to become the image of His Son Jesus. - St. John Paul II
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Romans 8:14-17 "For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him, we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."