Manage episode 252998848 series 2445362
In this episode we discuss how to gather people and lead a fruitful discussion. We are meant to live in community and have depth and joy in our relationships, but sometimes we don’t know where to start or how to go deeper. We chat about how to have meaningful conversations and live in an open-hearted way with others. We also discuss lots of practicals and how to grow in the gift of hospitality.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - The Bridegroom by Rivers and Robots
Michelle’s one thing - my husband Chris
Heather’s one thing - The Ungame
This episode is sponsored by The Little Catholic shop.
The main objective of The Little Catholic shop is to evangelize through beauty.The medals are handmade in Southern California. Beauty has a powerful ability to draw people to the Church, whether it be the sound of prayers, the beautiful stained glass windows of a church, or the kindness of another person. The Little Catholic Shop wants to provide the kind of beauty that heals to each person who sees or wears their pieces.Use promo code Abide15 for 15% off the store.
The Abiding Together Lenten Book Study will be The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen. Purchase the book via US Amazon Link, a Canada Amazon link, and a UK Amazon link. (As an Amazon Associate, Abiding Together earns from qualifying Amazon purchases.)
The Abiding Together shop is open! Take a peek at some of the fun new things we have for you, including the “quit talking to the dang snake” mug!
- What struck you from the podcast?
- What are your hesitations in extending invitations or offering hospitality to others?
- What are the questions you need people to ask you about your journey?
- How can you be more intentional in creating space for the people in your life?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Hebrew 10:24-25. What does it speak to you personally?
- Who have you been neglecting in your life, or what friendship can you invest in more fully?
- How well do you listen to the people around you? How attentive are you? How can you grow in that?
Quote to Ponder - “We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community.” ― Dorothy Day
Scripture for Lectio Divina - Hebrew 10:24-25 - and let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.