Manage episode 253697217 series 2445362
The Power of Holy Hour
In this episode we have our dear friend Fr. Josh Johnson back on the podcast to discuss how to have a fruitful Holy Hour. Through his humor and reflections, Fr. Josh shares practical tools as well spiritual insights about how to pray in silence and grow in intimacy with Jesus.
Fr. Josh’s one thing - The Liturgy of the Hours
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Calming Christian playlist on Spotify
Michelle’s one thing - Priscilla at The Little Catholic shop
Heather’s one thing - The movie The Peanut Butter Falcon
This episode is sponsored by The Little Catholic shop.
The main objective of The Little Catholic shop is to evangelize through beauty. The medals are handmade in Southern California. Beauty has a powerful ability to draw people to the Church, whether it be the sound of prayers, the beautiful stained glass windows of a church, or the kindness of another person. The Little Catholic Shop wants to provide the kind of beauty that heals to each person who sees or wears their pieces.
Use promo code Abide15 for 15% off the store.
The Abiding Together Lenten Book Study will be The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen. Purchase the book via US Amazon Link, a Canada Amazon link, and a UK Amazon link. (As an Amazon Associate, Abiding Together earns from qualifying Amazon purchases.)
The Abiding Together shop is open! Take a peek at some of the fun new things we have for you, including the “Quit talking to the dang snake” mug!
- What struck you from the podcast?
- Do you make adoration a regular practice? Why or why not?
- What has been your experience of adoration?
- What are some ways you’ve learned to avoid distraction in adoration?
- What are some ways you like to pray in adoration?
- Reflect and journal about this scripture: Jeremiah 19:12-14. What does it speak to you personally?
- Take some time in adoration this week: What do you hear the Lord saying to you while you spend time with Him?
- What’s holding you back from spending time in adoration? How do you think the Lord wants to respond to that?
Quote to Ponder - "Spend one hour each day in adoration of your Lord. Never do anything you know is wrong. Follow this and you'll be fine." ― St. Teresa of Calcutta to Henri Nouwen Scripture for Lectio Divina - Jeremiah 19:12-14: "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord.