Manage episode 271992412 series 2445362
Welcome to season 8! In this episode we talk about what the Lord has been teaching us over the summer and how we are invited to find our peace by fixing our eyes on Jesus and resting in the gaze of God. If we can look higher to find a kingdom perspective, we can find security in His Sovereignty. We talk about the deep realization that in all that has happened and has been taken away in 2020, there is no other answer, no other way forward, than Jesus Christ himself.
Sister Miriam’s one thing - Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus - Lauren Daigle
Heather’s one thing - The One Minute Pause App
Book mentioned: Get Your Life Back - by John Eldridge
- What struck you from the podcast?
- What does it mean to “fix your eyes on God” every day? What areas have you done this in the last three months and what are areas you have found yourself searching for peace elsewhere?
- Sr. Miriam described our spiritual poverty as the places where we are vulnerable and dependent on the Lord. Where have you experienced this kind of poverty in the last three months?
- What has been your prayer to the Lord the last three months? What has been the Lord’s message to you in the last three months?
- What areas is the Lord inviting you to pray “Lord, do for me what I can’t do for myself.” ? Make a small act of surrender. Pray “Jesus, I surrender … please do for me what I cannot do for myself.”
Quote to Ponder - “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa
Scripture for Lectio Divina - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”