Manage episode 235262977 series 2445362
As we approach Pentecost this week, we thought it would be awesome to re-release our conversation from last year about the Holy Spirit with our dear friend, Fr. Dave Pivonka TOR. Fr. Dave created the popular series on the Holy Spirit called “The Wild Goose” with 4PM Media and he was just named the new President of Franciscan University.
We had the pleasure of hearing Fr. Dave’s story and chatted with him about how to have a relationship with the Holy Spirit and practical ways to open up to a new Pentecost in our own hearts. We were moved and inspired by this conversation and hope that you will be too. You can check out the free Wild Goose Series here.
One Thing We Love This Week
- Sr. Miriam’s One Thing – Meaningful Market’s Father’s Day print and postcards! find them here. 15% your entire order at Meaningful Market with discount code - Abide15
- Michelle's One Thing - New study from Blessed Is She “Blessed Conversations study on the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy called Misericordia”
- Heather's One Thing - This new Pentecost playlist I created.
- Have you ever pondered the idea that the Holy Spirit never leaves us? Discuss how this truth could change the experience of how you go through daily life?
- Scripture says, “where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom”. What area do you need the Holy Spirit to bring freedom to in your life right now?
- How are you going to prepare for a deeper encounter with the Holy Spirit as we approach Pentecost this Sunday?
- How could you open your heart to the Holy Spirit in a deeper way this Pentecost?
- Fire illuminates what we cannot see. Take some time to pray for the Holy Spirit to come and illuminate those areas in your heart?
- Fr. Dave said that free people make the world nervous. How would your life look differently if you truly lived in freedom?
Quote to Ponder “The Holy Spirit brings people into divine life as children of God where they can live, as true children, in a relationship of intimacy, freedom, and faith in the love and mercy of God.” – Pope Francis
Scripture for Lectio Divina - 2 Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom”