Manage episode 239789328 series 2462025
You know by now that this month the focus is on taking a break. For me, that's pulling back on Instagram, and a few other things, to refocus my energy in different areas that need it right now. It's not because Instagram is a bad thing, it's an amazing platform for sharing and real connection. BUT, it can consume us, so today's episode is a gentle reminder to stop letting social media hijack your life.Stop Letting Social Media Hijack Your Life
Brooke White, mother and American Idol finalist (!!), has an engaging social media platform that she values...and then one day she deleted Instagram from her phone and realized she could still dance even if no one was watching. She also shares a really heartbreaking realization about how our children are affected by parents using their phone.
Listen to Brooke's real life experience, which walks that fine line of loving social media without losing yourself in it. You can apply some of what she has done immediately, and if you need a little more guidance I have a little email course just for that and you can get it right here.
- Brooke's Instagram, Website, and pre-order her album, Calico.
- Get 10% off Monk Manuals with code ‘ABOUTPROGRESS’
- Get your first month+ FREE with Libsyn using code MONICA
- FREE Printables, including this month’s Progress Plan
- Send in a soundbite + be featured on the show HERE
- Join the free and private FB group
- Join Monica on Facebook and Instagram
- Songs Credit: DRIVE by Dj Nicolai Heidlas @nicolai-heidlas Music provided by FREE MUSIC FOR VLOGS AND VIDEOS bit.ly/freemusicforvlogs
196 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 28 mins duration .