Manage episode 279612216 series 2462025
If you've been around for any amount of time you know this, but our premise here is that life is about progress, not perfection. As a recovering perfectionist I know the highs are so high, but the lows can destroy your sense of self. There is no overnight cure for breaking out of that cycle. Sometimes we are taught the opposite is true, but really once you see how perfectionism is getting your way, you are free to live a more fulfilling life.
You will know Kolbie Blume as an artist, author, and teacher...now. But she has not always been the successful creative that she is today. In this interview she really opens up about the exact moment she decided the worst thing she could do by trying something, was fail, but that her world wouldn't end there. Kolbie's message is about how creativity (something EVERYONE has within them) is the antidote for the poison of perfectionism and this epode will leave you with a lot to think about and act upon.
About a few other things...
The Strive Hive helps Progressors who are eager to take action and strive for daily progress access LEARNING, CHANGE, AND COMMUNITY, so that they can find more and lasting personal growth and fulfillment. Join us for weekly chats, monthly masterclasses, self development book club, accountability and more!
For the final episode of 2020 I want to hear from YOU! Email me a voice memo or call in to answer this prompt: 2020 taught me... Let's make this "Dear Progressor," episode the best yet.
Sign up for the Go Getter Newsletter to get Progress Pointers in your inbox every Thursday.
- Kolbie's Instagram, Book, Website
- Join Podcast University and learn how to start or grow your podcast!
- COVID School Resource Guide
- Get the Organization Overhaul audio course
- Join the monthly membership group
- Get your first month+ FREE with Libsyn using code MONICA
- Lend your voice and experience + be featured on the show HERE
- Join Monica on Facebook and Instagram
- Songs Credit: DRIVE by Dj Nicolai Heidlas @nicolai-heidlas Music provided by FREE MUSIC FOR VLOGS AND VIDEOS bit.ly/freemusicforvlogs