Manage episode 244468284 series 1305026
There are still a few tickets left for my last live workshop of the year and the big party I'm throwing to celebrate 3 years of About Progress!! I would love to meet you in person there!
In-law relationships are a challenge, even the good ones! Because there is always going to be expectations, shifts, comparisons, and allll the things that come with the merging of different backgrounds. But there are so many benefits to more support, more understanding, and more love that can come from these relationships. So let's dive into why it's difficult to relate to your in-laws and how to try.
Natalie Clay, podcaster and couples coach, helps you understand why your current relationship with your in-laws is what it is and shares her expertise tricks and tips for cultivating the relationship you want. Here's a huge spoiler, you may learn more about your relationship with yourself than anything else in this episode - and for good reason! Her advice really centers around reframing the story you tell yourself, about others and about you.
After you listen you'll be well equipped to move forward and take action, if you need to. Natalie explains that the work we do towards growth creates friction, but we often times enjoy the successes we achieve as a result more than we might have without the work. So, be encouraged to take the necessary steps to improve your relationships and if nothing else, come to know you have to be your biggest fan - important to remember as we cover all types of relationships this month and next.About a few other things
BIG NEWS: Podcast University is open for enrollment!! Podcasting 201: How to Grow Your Podcast has launched and doors close on November 1st. You can sign up for just the new course, or bundle with Podcasting 101: How to Start Your Podcast. If you want to sample our teaching style check out these free courses.
Promptly Journal has made documenting my children's history so much easier, and now I'm excited to play a little bit of catch up so we can all look back on those fun memories some day. Use code 'ABOUTPROGRESS' for 20% off this month. If you'd rather use the app, sign up here and get 30% off using code REMEMBER30 (sign up there, then download the app!).
- Natalie's Instagram, Website, Podcast, 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Divorcing
- BIG NEWS: Podcast University is open for enrollment!!
- Sign up for a FREE podcast e-course!
- Get 20% off Promptly Journals with code ‘ABOUTPROGRESS’
- 3 Year Anniversary Workshop + Party! Use code ‘PROGRESS’ for discount
- Get your first month+ FREE with Libsyn using code MONICA
- FREE Printables, including this month’s Progress Plan
- Send in a soundbite + be featured on the show HERE
- Join the free and private FB group
- Join Monica on Facebook and Instagram
- Songs Credit: DRIVE by Dj Nicolai Heidlas @nicolai-heidlas Music provided by FREE MUSIC FOR VLOGS AND VIDEOS bit.ly/freemusicforvlogs