Manage episode 276535773 series 1305026
Whether you're goal averse or goal obsessed, it is essential to have a vision to know who you want to be. That's because we have to have purpose. I have felt hopeless and anxiety ridden when I don't see the point to what I'm doing, when I lack purpose. If you've ever asked yourself, "Do I really need goals?" The answer is, in alignment with my anti-perfectionism teachings, yes you do.
Goals are a foundation to who we are as humans and our ability to grow. In this episode I share how I was burned out by my outcome oriented goals, them I swung too far the other way and was afraid of goals. I have 3 reasons why you do need to have a vision, and tips for how to keep it achievable. Tune in for how to make your goals a stretch, not a snap, and learn how to bend, not break.
About a few other things...
As we near the 4th anniversary and 300th episode of About Progress I'm doing a "300 giveaway" where you can win daily gifts. There will also be a drawing for 3 grand prize winners. To enter, just share the show, leave a rating and review, and make sure to let me know about it. Your support in this way means the world to me and allows me to continue to serve you best.
However you have chosen to educate your children during these unique and uncertain times, I want you to know you're doing the right thing! I have compiled all my favorite resources to share with you in hopes they support you in any way. As a former educator, turned newly homeschooling mama I want us to know we're all in this together, so check out the COVID School Resource Guide.
Sign up for the Go Getter Newsletter to get Progress Pointers in your inbox every Thursday.
- Join Podcast University and learn how to start or grow your podcast!
- COVID School Resource Guide
- Better Help - 10% off your first month
- Get the Organization Overhaul audio course
- Join the monthly membership group
- Get your first month+ FREE with Libsyn using code MONICA
- Lend your voice and experience + be featured on the show HERE
- Join Monica on Facebook and Instagram
- Songs Credit: DRIVE by Dj Nicolai Heidlas @nicolai-heidlas Music provided by FREE MUSIC FOR VLOGS AND VIDEOS bit.ly/freemusicforvlogs