Manage episode 277846093 series 1305026
My aspirational views of motherhood began when I was a young child, and translated to impossible ideals once I actually had my own children. I was a shell of myself trying to chase what I thought it meant to be an "angel mother." Today's episode is sort of part two after our last conversation in April, where we discuss how to value your motherhood.
Dr. Julie Hanks shares her desire for her own children to see her as a thriving happy, and interesting mother, and what she has done for herself to accomplish that. She addresses the role of caregiving, traditionally undervalued, and how to increase it's value but also what to focus on instead. Learn how to lean into your role, in a way that only you can for those in your care, to see the real value in your motherhood.
About a few other things...
The Strive Hive helps Progressors who are eager to take action and strive for daily progress access LEARNING, CHANGE, AND COMMUNITY, so that they can find more and lasting personal growth and fulfillment. Join us for weekly chats, monthly masterclasses, self development book club, accountability and more!
However you have chosen to educate your children during these unique and uncertain times, I want you to know you're doing the right thing! As a former educator, turned newly homeschooling mama I want us to know we're all in this together, so check out the COVID School Resource Guide.
Sign up for the Go Getter Newsletter to get Progress Pointers in your inbox every Thursday.
- Julie’s Website and Instagram
- Take a minute to fill out my survey!
- Better Help – 10% off first month with code ‘ABOUTPROGRESS’
- Join Podcast University and learn how to start or grow your podcast!
- COVID School Resource Guide
- Get the Organization Overhaul audio course
- Join the monthly membership group
- Get your first month+ FREE with Libsyn using code MONICA
- Lend your voice and experience + be featured on the show HERE
- Join Monica on Facebook and Instagram Songs Credit: DRIVE by Dj Nicolai Heidlas @nicolai-heidlas Music provided by FREE MUSIC FOR VLOGS AND VIDEOS bit.ly/freemusicforvlogs