AP 313: How to Strive for Excellence (and Still Be Human!) || with Dr. Jennifer Finlayson-Fife and Carolyn Bever
Manage episode 282170139 series 1305026
Licensed marriage and sex therapist, Dr. Jennifer Finlayson-Fife is well known to this community. Today she is joined by her sister, Carolyn Bever who is an acclaimed violinist. Through their respective careers they have both seen how a lot of people become overwhelmed at the prospect of getting from where they are, to where they can go, because of perfectionism. Together they teach the importance of knowing your strengths, your own capacity, and how strive for excellence in a way that works for you.
Tune in to hear how Carolyn went from musician to marathoner, by taking it literally one block at a time. As well as, a "bad Jennifer story" where she shares an insecurity that may resonate with many listeners. Ultimately remember that the struggle with perfectionism is a very human struggle and how to move the needle anyway.
About a few other things...
The Strive Hive helps Progressors who are eager to take action and strive for daily progress access LEARNING, CHANGE, AND COMMUNITY, so that they can find more and lasting personal growth and fulfillment. Join us for weekly chats, monthly masterclasses, self development book club, accountability and more!
Sign up for your spot in my FREE class, How to Make Habits that Stick, where I guide you towards narrowing in on your goals through habits. You can have more control and live with intention, and it starts here. Choose from 3 dates and times. See you there!
Sign up for the Go Getter Newsletter to get Progress Pointers in your inbox every Thursday.
- Jennifer's Instagram and Website, Carolyn's Instagram and Website
- Get your Monk Manual for 20% with code 'ABOUTPROGRESS' through January 31st
- Join the FREE January Joiner Challenge
- Sign up for the FREE Habits That Stick Class
- Better Help – online therapy
- Get the Organization Overhaul audio course
- Join the monthly membership group
- Get your first month+ FREE with Libsyn using code MONICA
- Lend your voice and experience + be featured on the show HERE
- Join Monica on Facebook and Instagram
- Songs Credit: DRIVE by Dj Nicolai Heidlas @nicolai-heidlas Music provided by FREE MUSIC FOR VLOGS AND VIDEOS bit.ly/freemusicforvlogs