Episode 73: Production Manager PJ Culbreth is About to Break over Tour Managing Rock Bands, Being forced to play bass & Realizing there is more to life than what he thought.
Manage episode 205966368 series 1331447
My buddy PJ Culbreth is one of the most talented and experienced guys I have ever had the pleasure of working with. This conversation has it all! We really open up about a lot in this episode and I am excited to share it.
In this episode PJ and I discuss:
- Growing up playing music at church
- Bass isn’t something you choose its something that happens to you
- Transitioning from playing music to mixing for others
- Living on Cigarettes and hamburgers
- Your talent gets you into bars underage
- When church became a production
- Moving from Analogue to Digital
- Fake it till you make it
- Shows can be logistical nightmares
- Working on National Margherita Day
- It’s hard to not be distracted at other peoples events
- Should I practice guitar or buy another pedal
- You need the opportunity to not be good in order to get good
- Helping clients who have unrealistic expectations
- Are you in business because of price, personalization or premier
- A debrief of our weird church experiences
- Being willing to make tough decisions
- Your never prepared for life
- Getting what you wanted and thinking now what?
… and remembering to be humble
Love the show? Why not become a producer? For $1 or more a month you can become a part of the team
?Check out our Patreon page to find out more
for live show dates visit TaylorHughes.com/live
You can hear all episodes and get more info on our website abouttobreakpodcast.com
124 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 71 mins duration .