Episode 74: Chris Mitchell is About to Break over Being a Magician, Acting on TV and being tempted by Hot Dog on a Stick!
Manage episode 206508326 series 1331447
If you take a healthy dose of comedy, throw in a handful of magic, and blend it, you have the recipe for The Chris Mitchell Show. Chris has entertained audiences in Casinos, Comedy Clubs, Corporate Events, Colleges, and Cruise Ships during his world tour of things that begin with the letter “C.” He currently resides in Los Angeles, where he also appears on television and in films.
In this episode Chris and I talk about:
- Me seeing Chris perform at Wizards City Walk when I was a kid
- Sending a VHS demo tape to the Magic castle
- Bad corporate gigs
- What to do when your paints rip on stage
- Learning from other incredible performers
- The first visit to the Magic Castle
- Cruise guests decide if you get brought back
- Magicians love suitcases
- Reminders to face your fears
- Dealing with drunk audience members
- Being grateful later for awful things that happen on stage
- Live theater is an adventure
- Learning how to Bomb
- Getting Stand up comedy out of his system
… and making it another year without getting a real job
Check out Chris’ website at https://chrismitchellmagic.com
for live show dates visit TaylorHughes.com/live
You can hear all episodes and get more info on our website abouttobreakpodcast.com
125 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 71 mins duration .