Manage episode 182613509 series 1253756
Robert (Bob) Glazer is the founder and Managing Director of Acceleration Partners and the founder and Chairman of BrandCycle. He is a serial entrepreneur with an exceptional track record and passion for growing revenue and profits for B2C-based companies. In demand by top brands and investment firms, he has extensive experience in the consumer, e-commerce, retail, online marketing, and ad-tech industries partnering with brands such as Adidas, ModCloth, Reebok, Target, Tiny Prints, Gymboree, and Warby Parker.
Bob is a regular contributor to numerous outlets, writing about performance marketing, strategy, and culture. He is the recipient of the Boston Business Journal 40 under 40 award, the SmartCEO Boston Future 50 award, and a finalist for the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year in New England, among other accolades. A sought-after speaker, Robert presents to global audiences and serves as an advisor to high-growth businesses.
Bob strongly believes in giving back. He serves on the Board of Directors for BUILD Boston, is a global leader in Entrepreneur’s Organization (EO) and founded The Fifth Night charitable event (www.fifthnight.org). He previously served on the boards of the Performance Marketing Association and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mass Bay and participated in the annual Rodman Ride for Kids for a dozen years, raising almost $100,000 for charity.
In his spare time, Bob is an avid writer, skier, traveler, cyclist, and serial home renovator.What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Bob says, “My job is to fire myself,” and what it means to lead authentically
- How you can inspire your people to be a little bit better every day
- The importance of hiring for your culture and how to do it
- A simple solution for defining your core values so well they are always on your mind
- What Bob gained from “a book’s worth of mistakes in hiring”
- Why you need to interview against aptitude and outcomes, not experience
- What hiring an “up and comer” versus an “old hand” can do for your company’s future
- Company Website: www.accelerationpartners.com
- Book (with free chapter download and affiliate grade 5 min test): www.accelerationpartners.com/performance-partnerships
- Book (on Amazon): amzn.to/2qUd5QM
- Personal Website: www.robertsglazer.com
- Twitter: @robert_glazer
- Weekly Inspiration Blog: www.fridayfwd.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/glazer
154 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 43 mins duration .