AMP135: Rise Of The "Marketing Technologist": How To Choose The Right Marketing Tools With Scott Brinker From HubSpot
Manage episode 233530509 series 1274777
Technology is supposed to help, not frustrate or overwhelm us. Do you struggle with using, choosing, or consolidating marketing technology tools? Marketers tend to love or hate specific tools. Is your favorite on Chiefmartec’s 2019 Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic? If not, there are more than 7,000 tools to consider. Which should you use? What to look for? Who should make the decision?
Today, my guest is Scott Brinker, vice president of Platform Ecosystem at HubSpot and editor at Chiefmartec.com. He suggests various strategies for selecting tools, so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Purpose: Persuade marketing executives to pay attention to intermingling of personalities and passions between marketers and technologists
- Categories Covered: Advertising & Promotion, Content & Experience, Social & Relationships, Commerce & Sales, Data, and Management
- Where to begin? Get clear on foundational systems (CRM, email, content management system, etc.)
- Significant investment in time and learning; identify gaps to intentionally augment foundation with more specialized tools
- Ecosystems developed around major platforms can help narrow your choices
- Makeshift Marketing: Is it good enough?
- Pieces of the Puzzle: Focus on the capabilities you need
- Marketing department should identify point person/people to be responsible for operational infrastructure and technology of marketing
- Ecosystem Mission: Evolution of product, partners, and programs
- Chiefmartec's 2019 Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic
- Scott Brinker on Twitter
- MarTech – The Marketing Technology Conference
- Creating Predictable Growth Is Not A Hack With Kieran Flanagan From HubSpot [AMP 126]
- How To Overcome Makeshift Marketing With New Marketing Superpowers