Manage episode 180607079 series 73726
Gabriel Villareal is a resident in counseling, soon to be a licensed practicing counselor in Virginia. He works part-time with a community agency that serves children and adolescents in crisis. He also runs his own part-time practice, specializing in ADHD. Gabriel is the host of Informed Consent, a weekly podcast for incoming clinicians.
In this conversation, you will hear Gabriel talk about how he helps the people he works with find their strengths. Gabriel believes that ADHD is a gift and if he were given the opportunity “return” his ADHD, he wouldn’t. Gabriel talks about resiliency, experimenting, and finding the balance of routine. You will also hear how Gabriel stays organized with his busy schedule.
Connect with Gabriel Villareal:
Website - Roanoke ADHDYou’ll Learn:
- [06:39] - Gabriel shares his background and explains how he got to where he is.
- [10:59] - Gabriel talks about mastery and failure.
- [13:24] - Gabriel explains that there are lots of different skills and strengths that people with ADHD can have, but not all have them all the time.
- [16:27] - Gabriel talks about resiliency. He talks about the resiliency he was born with and what he has worked to develop.
- [17:39] - Gabriel shares how he helps the people he works with find their strengths.
- [19:08] - We talk about the idea of being able to “return” ADHD.
- [25:11] - Gabriel addresses the idea that viewing ADHD as a “gift” is a mechanism to make ourselves feel less bad about this thing we have.
- [38:30] - Gabriel talks about experimenting in different areas.
- [41:13] - Gabriel shares how he does with relaxing.
- [45:46] - Gabriel talks about finding the balance of routine.
- [47:28] - Gabriel is involved in many endeavors and shares how he keeps his schedule organized. This leads to a discussion on managing a calendar.
- [52:28] - Gabriel talks about his podcast, Informed Consent.
Use my Audible.com affiliate link for your favorite titles:
ADHD reWired Coaching and Accountability Group
The 10th season of the ADHD reWired Coaching and Accountability group starts on August 21st. The “Still Kinda Early” early registration drive is now open. If you register during one of the four early registration days, you can save $200! Registration interviews will be held June 6th, 8th, and 15th. Go to CoachingReWired.com to learn more and schedule your registration interview.
Support the podcast on Patreon
Patreon allows listeners like you to support content creators like me. With a monthly contribution, you can get access to different levels of perks. Learn more at http://patreon.com/adhdrewired
ADHD reWired Facebook Group:
If you would like to join the ADHD reWired secret Facebook group, go to ADHDreWired.com and fill out an application.
Get your ADHD questions answered live! These Q&A sessions take place on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 12:30pm. Go to http://erictivers.com/events.
ADHD Women’s Palooza
If you missed the ADHD Women’s Palooza, you can purchase all 36 sessions (including mine) for only $197! Check it out here: http://www.erictivers.com/palooza
Want to be a guest?
Hey! What about you? Do you have a story? Are you a Coach? Are you an ADHD Clinician? If you answered yes to any of these questions and you’d like to be a guest, schedule a pre-interview call here.
228 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 71 mins duration .