Manage episode 213139094 series 1440089
Journalist, photographer, and artist James Oroc was born in the small South Pacific nation of Aotearoa. Since 1998 he has been pursuing and reporting on the cutting edge of extreme sports in more than 40 countries around the globe, his work appearing in magazines, films, and on MTV Sports. He has been a member of the Burning Man community since 1999, and he is also involved in the documentation and advancement of psychedelic culture as one of the first people to ever publically discuss the philosophical and metaphysical implication of 5-MeO-DMT.
His first book, Tryptamine Palace, is a quintessential read for those interested in psychedelic philosophy. It presents his theories on reality, God, quantum mechanics and 5-MeO-DMT that are present in Tryptamine Palace. In this interview, we scratch the surface of those theories but advance beyond the Tryptamine Palace and explore the topics of his most recent book, The New Psychedelic Revolution -- the rich history of visionary art, modern festival culture, the rising popularity of 5-MeO-DMT, and his psychedelic philosophies on the nature of mind.
For relevant links, or to download this episode, head to http://bit.ly/ATTMind77
------------------- Support The Show
😇 👍 😍
Buy Some Blotter Art! (yes, it's legal. No Drugs) https://www.jameswjesso.com/blotter Become a Patron on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jameswjesso One Time Donation... PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/JWJesso Crypto: https://www.jameswjesso.com/bitcoin/ Buy Copies Of My Books on Psilocybin Psychology https://www.jameswjesso.com/category/books/
*** Special thanks to patrons Thomas & Melanie H., Clean S., Greg A., Dean H., Joe A., Andy D., Angela & James J., Ian C., Reese. H., Harry P., Don J., Robbie G., & Yvette C. ------------------- EPISODE BREAKDOWN
- How psychedelics give people bigger egos (especially 5-MeO-DMT)
- Oroc’s encounter with 5-MeO-DMT and what led him to the Tryptamine Palac
- Being a successful psychedelic author
- Medicalization vs. psychedelics as agents of modern mysticism
- Finding God through psychedelics
- The importance of spirituality
- Ego death, psychedelics, and relating to God
- The history of psychedelics and where we are its cultural evolution
- Visionary culture: art, music, and transformational festivals (especially Burning Man)
- The vital role of community, trance, and dance in human life
- Psychedelic university - festival conferences
84 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 80 mins duration .